A saunter near the sea
Words and Photos by Jaime Murdoch
A favourite spot for Salt Springers for evening and morning walks and bike rides is Walkers Hook Rd., reaching out to the Fernwood dock. Traveling along, with the ocean breeze to the right brings peace and calm to the mind and body, bringing a deep relax to start or finish the day.
- pack a light snack, some water and your camera
- put on some sandals or light running shoes and a hat if you like
- whether it’s by bus, car, scooter or bike, make your way to the North End, go the Fernwood Cafe and head down Walkers Hook Rd. or up North Beach Rd., or just hang out on the Fernwood dock (across from the cafe). Here’s a map.
- walk or bike along the road (watch out for cars going in both directions), along the shore or out onto the dock. Bring along your favourite dog and stop for water along the way.
- enjoy this classic North-end experience!