Explore the Creativity of the Salt Spring Studio Tour
Discover the magic and beauty of Salt Spring Island on the Salt Spring Studio Tour! If you’re a fan of stunning works of art and culinary creations, this tour is a must-see adventure.
Get ready for an unforgettable escape to a stunning Northwest Island paradise! Salt Spring Islanders are known for their warm hospitality and love for sharing their island with visitors. This is not just a place to recharge and reconnect with nature, it’s also a hub of creativity. The Salt Spring Studio Tour sets itself apart by giving you a front-row seat to watch artists bring their masterpieces to life! You can even join in on the fun and learn from the artists themselves.
Embrace the romantic atmosphere of the island by getting to know the local artists and immersing yourself in their artistic expressions.
For over 25 years, this gorgeous island community has been offering visitors the best of the best – world-class art, handcrafted gifts, and delicious local wine and food. This self-directed tour is the perfect opportunity to indulge in culinary delights and bring home unique and memorable souvenirs.
Some Tour Highlights
- You’ll find creatively crafted art and food inspired by the beauty of the island.
- You can pick up a unique piece for those oh so special people in your life and for that special occasion.
- During your tour of the studios, you can witness the process of creation and learn a bit about how it is done.
- Some studios actually give you a chance to participate hands-on in the creation of the art. Maybe you’ll come away with a new passion of your own!
- Tour the studios, farms, and wineries of your choice. There are studios creating jewelry, paintings and sculpture, soaps, candles, pottery and glass, or local farms and wineries. The fare is all local and delicious.
- Enjoy local wines, perfectly aged cheeses, and freshly baked goods as you watch them being made.
This is a self-guided tour so take advantage of the free tour maps. You can download them from our website, find them at many locations on the island, or pick one up on the Fulford ferry. There are also blue and white sheep signs throughout the island identifying each location.
Comfort is key. Not only is there cozy lodging, like Mariner’s Loft, but there are cozy places to eat and sip some local refreshments. You also want to consider some comfortable attire. This would depend on the weather, so prepare for it. You may need shorts, a light shirt and a straw hat for hot days, or a coat and umbrella for cool, wet days.
Make Salt Spring Island’s Mariner’s Loft Your Home During Your Visit
Come to Salt Spring Island for a one-of-a-kind studio tour and stay at Mariner’s Loft, the perfect combination of comfort and luxury. It’s a great place to call home during your visit.
If you are looking to experience a perfect weekend on Salt Spring Island, experience Mariner’s Loft. Situated above Ganges Harbour in the heart of the village, the views from these vacation rentals are breathtaking. We are the perfect home base for your activities, whether you are here for the studio tour, or simply enjoying the beautiful island. Contact us now and book your stay.